It's the last Friday of February! Here's a whole bunch of random thoughts and such for you!
- It is good to purge things. Call it spring cleaning or self care or minimalism or anything you want-- it's a good process. I went through my closet and my dresser and all the boxes under my bed this weekend and came away with three full trashbags of clothes to give away or throw away. The fact that I had that much to remove while still having full closets tells you something... but it felt so freeing to be getting rid of things that didn't fit or didn't spark joy (thanks, Marie Kondo) or just weren't my style anymore. It's actually just good to purge in general. Text messages from old crushes, sweatshirts from old boyfriends, emails in your inbox, friendships that aren't healthy, expired food in the pantry... let it all go. Channel your inner Princess Elsa and just let it goooooooo.
- Okay so there's a new library in town, and IT IS STUNNING. It's three levels and LEED certified and just fantastically designed... it feels like a minimalistic, high-end art museum or something... but it's a library. And all the books are brand new. And there are SO MANY. And all the furniture is just so chic and comfy and I waill be there lounging and reading allllllllllll the time. If you ever can't find me, that's where I'll be. (Find a place like this for yourself-- a place with an environment that inspires you, a place where you can go and breathe and be quiet and recharge.)
- Listen to this truth: the resurrected King is resurrecting you. The resurrected King is resurrecting me. Now, listen to this song and let it seep into your soul:
- Here's a challenge: do something totally by yourself this week or weekend. Maybe it's just me, but I so deeply love my alone time. I love going to art museums by myself. I love going to coffee shops by myself. I love going to the bookstore and library by myself. I love going on long walks by myself. I love going to church by myself. I just love it. But also hear this: I didn't always. Because our society puts a stigma on doing things alone, like it's bad or pathetic or embarrassing to be by yourself. I reject that adamantly. I will go places alone, and I will do so confidently. So what if people judge me? I love who I am, love spending time without the influence of other people on my actions or thoughts or inner monologues, love following my whims and discovering new things about myself and the world around me. I challenge you to try it! (I'm writing a blog post all about this, because writing this little bit made me realize I have more to say!)
- If you needed a reminder: we are linking up on Monday with our literary classic reviews for #COLLABOREADS! If you read a classic book this month (or if you want to tackle one this weekend!), join Amber and I with your review on Monday morning! We would love to hear what you thought of whatever one you choose.
- I didn't think I would ever write about the presidential race or Donald Trump, but I did.
- So. I listened to my first audiobook this week. Amber recommended I start with The Martian and I did and I LOVED IT SO MUCH. Could not stop listening. All the hype was so spot on, and I rarely say that. Cannot wait to watch the movie!
- I'm in the middle of crafting my March playlist (find January's and February's)-- hit me with the song you're loving most right now! I need to beef this baby up.
Happy Friday, friends!