Okay, friends. Here's the thing. I would almost ALWAYS choose a book over watching any sort of show or movie. I didn't grow up with cable TV, so I didn't watch any of the things my peers did throughout childhood, and even when we got cable in high school, I hardly watched much.
I made it more of a goal throughout college and these last few years to "catch up" and have a handful of on-air I still consistently watch and some all-time favorites I revisit periodically, but I know there's SO MUCH MORE out there to be discovered. I'm trying to become more of a watcher of things, and stretch myself beyond what I'd normally gravitate to (as you can see, there are some themes among what I've watched and liked...) but want to make sure things are worth the investment first!
This is where you come in!
Here's what I'm thinking:
I'll tell you everything I've watched and loved (and maybe even some things I've watched and hated), and you tell me what you think I MUST watch next. Deal?
I don't have cable, so unless I can watch it online, current shows won't really work. I have Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime, so anything found on any of those is fair game!
In general, I like things on the lighter side (nothing too scary, super intense, graphic, violent, etc) and with characters I can really connect with and love. I often don't find comedy things funny (I'm weird) so that category can be hit or miss for me.
Can't wait to hear what you all recommend!
Shows I currently watch and love:
- Grey's Anatomy
- New Girl
- This is Us
Shows I've binged and liked:
- Parenthood (more than once!)
- One Tree Hill (more than once!)
- Parks and Rec (more than once!)
- Gilmore Girls
- Friday Night Lights (more than once!)
- Gossip Girl (more than once!)
- The O.C.
- Private Practice
- Jane the Virgin
- 7th Heaven
- How to Get Away with Murder (but didn't make it through all the seasons -- it got too twisted)
- Hart of Dixie
- Master of None (more of this kind of show please!!)
- 24 (this is about as intense as I can handle!)
Shows I have tried but cannot handle/did not like/would never watch again:
- Girl Boss (watched it all, but meh)
- Stranger Things (too scary, I'm a wimp)
- 30 Rock (literally not funny at all)
- The Office (again, not finding it funny...)
- Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (just TOO MUCH)
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (AGAIN, not funny to me)
- Orange is the New Black (I'll pass)