30 Things to Do Before I'm 30
Turning 25 this year felt like a solid milestone-- a quarter of a century, halfway through my twenties, and solidly ADULT. It's a little weird to think back on who I was when I was twenty, and to realize in that same amount of time, I'll be 30... which seems both super exciting and a little terrifying too! (I know 30 is not old, but still, it feels big!)
I'm a big fan of bucket lists, and have shared several here (2015, 2016, 2017) and wanted to gather up all the things I want to do, wish I could see or experience, and dream about in one master list of goals for the next 5 years before that big 3-0 milestone! The years fly by, and even though these aren't MASSIVE goals, I know writing them down will actually help me knock them out in the next few years!
Here are 30 things on my list to (attempt to) do before I turn 30:
- Visit all 50 states. (I have 17 left!)
- Go to a country concert.
- Move to a new city/state/country.
- Meet 5 (or more) blogger friends. // DONE! July 2017
- See another musical on Broadway in NYC. (Hamilton?!)
- Go on another hot air balloon ride (without fainting this time...).
- Get a full food allergy work up done. // DONE! June 2017
- Read 500 books.
- Launch a new website.
- Buy a bike.
- Bike from one city to another.
- Run an entire 5k.
- Do a 10k in under an hour.
- Take a hot yoga class. // DONE! June 2017
- Take a solo overnight trip.
- Write a book. (Even if it never gets published.)
- Pay off all debt and remain debt-free.
- Adopt a pet. (Not a fish.)
- Host a family gathering/holiday at my home.
- Have some kind of shark encounter. (Cage diving?!)
- Go to a final round Stanley Cup playoff game (but only if the Caps make it that far).
- Go to a MLB game (see my hometown Diamondbacks play again?!).
- Buy a new car (since I think my trusty 2005 Ford Focus won't live until 2022...).
- Use a birthday as a way to gather support and donations for a charity/cause.
- Pay it forward in a drive thru line.
- Go camping in tents.
- Visit at least one new National Park.
- Hike a real mountain. (At least one!)
- Try something brand new with my hair.
- Host a Friendsgiving with people I love.